CAMP COUNSELLOR POSITION
Tricks with Bricks is currently looking for a Summer Camp Counsellor. This is an incredible opportunity for anyone who loves working with school aged children and has a passion for education and learning. As a Camp Counsellor, you will be guiding campers through STEM-related activities centered on the topics of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics. A Camp Counsellor must be fun and energetic but also have good group management skills. Camp Counsellors are responsible for implementing activities, respecting health and safety protocols, assisting with activity clean up. Successful candidates will be outgoing individuals with strong leadership and initiative abilities and have some experience working with children from 4-12 years of age.
- Supervising and supporting campers to provide a fun and memorable experience.
- Assisting campers in learning about STEM while providing a fun and safe environment
- Implementing the curriculum by leading inquiry, discussion and activities with campers
- Use creative skills in a leadership role to organize kids’ activities and plan group events
- Modelling appropriate behaviour and creating positive interactions in all daily routines and program delivery with campers and your peers
- Adhering to the Activity Schedule, Training Manual &l the administration policies
- Attending a training session prior to the start of camp
- Clean and organize toys and play materials.
- Ensure the environment is safe for all participants and peers.
- Instruct, facilitate and organize children’s activities
- Carrying out any duties assigned
- Valid Emergency First Aid and CPR level C.
- Police Record Check required
- Demonstrates leadership ability and manage a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to multitask with excellent organizational skills
- Good interpersonal, customer service and problem solving skills.
- Energetic and engaging personality
- Prior experience working with school-aged children
- Cool and calm under pressure, when working with children
- Punctual and strong work ethic
Salary: $14.00 to $20.00 /hour
To apply for the position, please email your resume to email@example.com