Summer Camps 2019
STEM & Robotics Camp
July & August
Why Send Your Child to Tricks with Bricks STEM Camp?
We help your children’s imagination go wild and give them valuable skills for their future. Campers experiment tons of interesting projects and discover the amazing world of technology! Your child will create, build, program and operate robotic animals, machines and vehicles using LEGO® Education Robotics and computer programming.
We also have many games and constant activities planned for campers to keep them entertained as well as free play to let their imaginations and creations go wild!
- STEM & Robotics Camp provides a fun, accessible way for children to explore their sense of curiosity through structured, hands-on experiences and learning opportunities.
- Children collaborate with each other to think, explore and solve problems using their creativity
- Give your children the opportunity to understand how technology work in real-world application.
Camper Age Group:
Junior Camp: 4 -7 years old
Senior Camp: 8-12 years old
9:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
Supervised Before and After Camp Care from 8:00am to 9:00am, and from 4:00pm to 5:30pm, is available for extra charge.( see Administration Policies)
Full day Camp 9 am – 4 pm : $ 350/week —- $70/day
Half day camp 9 am – 12 pm : $180 /week—-$40/day
Online registration in two easy steps:
- Please download the Summer Camp 2019 Registration Form, fill out and submit by email to email@example.com
- Click on the “Register Now” button to make payment with a major credit card and receive an immediate confirmation of registration through email
Daily Schedule & Activities
9:00- 9:15 am…… Camper Drop-off
9:15- 9:30 am…….. Introduction and Ice breaking discussion *
9: 30- 10:15 am….. Group LEGO STEM Challenges
10:15- 10:30 am….. Snack time
10:30- 12:00 pm….. STEM Project/ Activity Part 1 **
12:00- 12:30 pm…… Lunch Time
12:30- 1:00 pm……… LEGO Movie/ Free Play
1:00- 2:30 pm………. STEM Project/ Activity Part 2
2:30- 2:45 pm……….. Snack time
2:45- 3:45 pm………… Contests and Games***
3:45- 4:00 pm………… Camper Pick-up
* including LEGO facts and news, Previous day review and plan for the day
** STEM Projects include but not limited to
- designing and building robots,
- coding and programming
- imagining and making stories,
- exploring science based projects,
- engineering of machines,
- writing comic books,
- animation and 3D design
- architecture/engineering of structures & etc.
*** including mini figures activities, building Lego themed sets, Lego bingo game & etc.
DROP OFF/ PICK UP
- * Camp begins at 9 am. On the first day of camp, students should arrive 15 mins
early (8:45 am), to review camp rules.
- * Camp end at 4:00 pm, please pick up between 3:45pm and 4:00pm.
- * Extended hours for camp is available from 8:00 am until 5:30 pm. Additional
fees apply as follow:
Before camp care is $30 per week, after camp care is $30 per week. Before and
after care is $50 per week.
- * Camp fee does not include lunch.
- * Parents must provide a nut-free lunch, snacks, water bottle & sunscreen for
campers registered in full day camp.
- * Students are not to trade food with other students.
- * Tricks with Bricks provides a complimentary pizza lunch every Friday for full week campers.
- * For the safety of all participants, disruptive behavior or bullying will not be
permitted at Tricks with Bricks.
- * Staff reserves the right to ask parents to remove disruptive students for portion
of, or the remainder of the week. Refunds are not available to those who have
disrupted the program and have been asked to leave.
- * Tricks with Bricks is not responsible for any valuables or personal belongings
brought to any session, workshop or camp.
- * All staff have completed Emergency First Aid certification.
- * Staff and volunteers have been screened by a police records check.
- * Participants are not permitted to take Robots or any Lego parts or workbooks
out of the facility. All Lego sets used in the facility are very costly, most
exceeding the cost of the registration.
REFUND & CANCELLATION POLICY
- * A full refund minus a 10% processing fee will be given with a minimum 4 week
notice before the registered session begins. Cancellation requests with less than
4 weeks notice will be charged a 50% processing fee. There is no refunds for
cancellations with less than 48 hours notice.
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
- * Any confidential and personal information that is collected through registration
forms, on-line registration forms, photos and videos taken during the camp
season. Information will not be collected without parents knowledge.
- * The purpose in collecting information is to process registrations, collect fees,
assess the interests of the participants, assemble statistics on the participants and
act accordingly in cases of injury or emergency.
- * Information provided about participants may be shared in confidence with staff
members in order to keep the environment safe for all participants
- * Information about participants with life-threatening conditions (eg. allergies) or
conditions which increase their vulnerability (eg. asthma) are shared with other
staff members at Tricks with Bricks.
- * During an emergency, information may be shared with emergency service
- * In all of these situations, information released will be limited to only that which
is absolutely necessary to assist the participant.
- * Photos and videos taken during the program shall be used solely for educational,
marketing and promotional purposes (eg. website).
- * Personal information shall not be provided or sold to any external organization
for any purpose. We will take every step to protect the confidentiality of, and
access to, the information you provide.
- * Personal information has to be kept secure for a minimal period as required by
law. Access to information outside the program season is limited to authorized
senior staff of the camp.